Mumbai locals have always been the prioritized companion for the commuters to reach up to their workstations. But with the rise in the pandemic graph, the Maharashtra government had to prohibit the commoners to travel through the local trains to break the chain of constant rise in the covid cases.
However, with the dip in the headcounts impacted by the pandemic and recognizing the rise of fully vaccinated folks in this phase. The Maharashtra government has published a statement specifying the allowance of the common people under new rules for the local trains in Mumbai effective from 15th August 2021.
Mumbai local trains are still not open for everyone. The guidelines are set for the category of people to board the Mumbai suburb local train. Before assisting you with the steps to avail monthly E-pass for Mumbai local train, let us specify the eligibility of the people who can use the local train.
-- Government & Semi-Government Employees.
-- Those associated with serving essential needs
-- People who have successfully taken the 2nd dose of their vaccination followed by 14 days
Here is the 10 step process that will guide you for an online application of your monthly pass.
1. Log on to the website.
2. Go to this option - “Travel Pass for Vaccinated Citizens.”
3. Input your mobile number which was registered during Cowin Registration.
4. You will receive an OTP.
5. The moment you type in your OTP on the page, additional details shall be auto-filled.
6. Click on the “Generate Pass” option.
7. You will then get to see all the information with regard to your 1st and 2nd dose of vaccination.
8. You will be able to upload your image either from the gallery or click a live picture once you are eligible to apply for the monthly pass.
9. Now since you have completed the process, you will get to see a text on your phone that says you will receive a link in 48 hours for the monthly pass application.
10. With the recipient of the link, you can successfully generate your e-pass and keep it saved in your gallery for your use.