The Siddhivinayak Temple in the Prabhadevi region is a loved altar devoted to Lord Ganesha and is one of the most significant and regularly visited temples in Mumbai. This temple was inherent in the year 1801 by Laxman Vithu and Deubai Patil. The Temple has a small sanctum housing the icon of Shri Ganesha, which is around over two feet wide and made from a solitary piece of dark stone.
The impressive construction of Shree Siddhivinayak sanctuary contains an essential 'Kalash' that pinnacles to a stature of 12 feet, three coming to up to 5 feet, and 33 others that stand at a height of 3.5 feet. Hence, 37 plated vaults decorate the primary temple complex. The old piece of the Siddhivinayak temple has a corridor, the principal sanctum, a verandah, and a water tank too. The new complex of the temple was built as a part of renovations so as to enhance the magnificence of this shrine. The planner Ar. Shri. Sharad Athale of SK Athale and Associates made an investigation into the sanctuaries in Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu prior to concluding the plan for the sanctuary. The main entrances leading up to the interior were constructed and the crown of the temple was redesigned as well.
- Kakad Aarti or morning prayer - 5:30 AM to 6:00 AM Shree Darshan - 6:00 AM to 12:15 PM
- Naivedhya - 12:15 PM to 12:30 PM Shree Darshan - 12:30 PM to 7:20 PM
- Aarti or evening prayer rituals - 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM Shree Darshan - 8:00 PM to 9:50 PM
- Shejaarti or last Aarti before the temple closes - 9:50 PM Tuesday Shree Darshan - 3:15 AM to 4:45 AM
- Kakad Aarti or early morning prayer - 5:00 AM to 5:30 AM Shree Darshan - 5:30 AM to 12:15 PM
- Naivedhya - 12:15 PM to 12:30 PM Shree Darshan - 12:30 PM to 8:45 PM
- Aarti or night prayer - 9:30 p.m. to night 10:00 PM Shejaarti or last Aarti before the temple closes - 12:30 AM
Best Time To Visit Siddhivinayak Temple
Evenings are the best opportunity to visit his temple as it is less packed around then. Likewise, you should visit during celebrations like Vinayaka Chaturthi, Sankashti Chaturthi, Maghi Shree Ganesh Jayanti, and Bhadrapad Shree Ganesh Chaturthi, which have special prayer services.
How to Reach Siddhivinayak Temple
One can benefit from B.E.S.T transports from any area of the city to arrive at Dadar/Prabhadevi. You can likewise take the neighborhood train (Central, Western, Harbor) to arrive at Dadar. Taxi services are accessible to and from Dadar to Prabhadevi often. Other than that you can also hail cabs from any point in the city.
Download the Yatri App and travel in Mumbai Local Trains like a PRO
YATRI is the all-in-one official app from Mumbai railway which consists of information related to Mumbai local train timetable, Mumbai local fare indicator, Live Announcements from Mumbai Suburban Railways. You can also access other services like the Metro timetable, Monorail/ferry timings, BEST timetable & routes emergency numbers.
Dated November 3, 2022